Welcome to the Cheesiest Blog on the Web

Welcome to the blog of The Killer Nacho, known to most mortals as Timothy J. Sharpe, a Computer Science graduate of Messiah College and currently a Systems Analyst for Sunoco Logistics. Within this tome of pages, one will find my innermost thoughts about various things concerning things that I enjoy. These subjects include, but are not limited to, roleplaying, gaming, American Football (the NFL), things to do with computers, philosophy, movies that are awesome, TV shows that are awesome, my own writings and creative works, and dangerous Mexican snacks.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

What the September 2011 Yu-Gi-Oh! Ban List should be

Hey Konami! Are you listening? If so, I have some suggestions for you regarding the September 2011 ban list. I tried to make a slower format that was fair and balanced. This is my ideal list, not necessarily a prediction, so keep that in mind. This is by no means official.

Also keep in mind this list only contains the CHANGES to the current official list, found here:
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Forbidden:  
Giant Trunade
Dandylion

Limited:
Judgment Dragon
Master Hyperion
Magician of Faith
Tour Guide From the Underworld
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Formula Synchron
Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Royal Tribute
Pot of Avarice
Six Samurai United

Semi-Limited:
Reborn Tengu
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
Ultimate Offering
Royal Oppression

Unlimited:
Necro Gardna
Magical Stone Excavation
Megamorph
Mystical Space Typhoon
Destiny Draw
Overload Fusion
Swords of Revealing Light
Bottomless Trap Hole
Magic Cylinder


I know I will take some heat for putting Royal Oppression at 2... I prefer slower formats, and Royal Oppression helps this. 3 MST will help counter out this change. Further, this would make the metagame Shift towards less SSing or increaseing SS-oriented decks' S/T destruction (This format has MST/Dust Tornado/Breaker all at 3). I don't view this as a bad thing, since as it stands, SS-based decks are dominant. I don't believe this should be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment