Welcome to the Cheesiest Blog on the Web

Any comments or questions regarding the content on this blog can be addressed to timothyjsharpe@yahoo.com

Monday, January 16, 2012

NFL Conference Championships 2011 Power Rankings & Predictions

Well, lets just say my predictions for the Divisional round didn't stand up. Oh well, it was still a pretty exciting divisional round. Eli Manning abused the Packers defense and the Packers offense made mistake after mistake... several fumbles as well as several dropped balls. The Pack killed themselves. Lets see how this shakes up the power rankings this week...

1. New England Patriots (14-3)
2. San Francisco 49ers (14-3)
3. Baltimore Ravens (13-4)
4. New York Giants (11-7)

Predictions for Next Week

TKN's accuracy, Last week: 2-2 (50.00%)
Billy's accuracy, Last week: 4-0 (100.00%)
AFS's* accuracy, Last week: 3-1 (75.00%)

TKN's Overall 2011 accuracy: 174-90 (65.91%)
Billy's Overall 2011 accuracy: 177-87 (67.05%)
AFS's* Overall 2011 accuracy: 171-93 (64.77%)

Alex Smith was impressive in his first playoff game.
New York G (11-7) @ San Francisco (14-3)
TheKillerNacho: This game is very hard to predict. San Francisco's defense has been great all season but faltered a bit against New Orleans, while the Giants' defense has stepped up big time this post-season. Its hard to pick against Eli Manning at this point in the playoffs, but my gut tells me that the 49ers will be able to move the ball effectively with their running game, and Alex Smith has also proven that he can be a clutch Quarterback in the playoffs.
New York G 24, San Francisco 26

Billy:
New York G 29, San Francisco 24

American Football Simulator:
New York G 22, San Francisco 23

Baltimore (13-4) @ New England (14-3)
TheKillerNacho: New England clobbered Tim Tebow, as I predicted. In Gillette, I think they are the favorites against the Ravens, whose offense seemed to have issues at home against the Texans. Tom Brady should be able to move the ball better at home than T.J. Yates did on the road.
Baltimore 23, New England 27

Billy:
Baltimore 28, New England 27

American Football Simulator:
Baltimore 24, New England 23

Question of the Week

Last week, I asked my readers When its all said and done, how will history look back on the career of Tim Tebow? between Hall of Famer, Franchise Quarterback, Journeyman Quarterback, Career Backup, or Out of the league in 5 years. Looks like most of my readers disagree with me for a change. 50% of voters thought he was a "Franchise Quarterback", with 8% even going as far as a Hall of Famer. 25% of voters voted "Journeyman Quarterback", with 8% each to "Career Backup" and "Out of the league in 5 years". We saw last week why I may be right about Tim Tebow... his largest weakness is the NFL defense.

Last year I asked a similar question during the Conference championships... Which Super Bowl would you most like to see? between New England vs San Francisco, New England vs New York Giants, Baltimore vs San Francisco, or Baltimore vs New York Giants? As for me, I want to see Harbaugh Bowl II - Baltimore and San Francisco. Of course, I may be biased since my friend is an obnoxious Giants fan and I'm a Dolphins fan so I don't really want to see the Patriots or Giants win. Haha. Although a Super Bowl rematch between the Giants and Patriots would be ... interesting...

1 comment:

  1. Its funny, I'm picking exactly opposite of you. Giants / Ravens super bowl! we'll see whos right, nacho!!!

    ReplyDelete